Some of the links below may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The thing is, good enough valley is overpopulated. “Average” station has the fullest trains. And following the job description to a “t” might make you dependable, but not indispensable.
On the other hand, singing from the mountaintop is not for meant for everyone. A selected few will ever reach there, and to feel successful in life and have something to show for it, it doesn’t have to be you up there.You just have to know your limits and be willing to take one or two steps forward. Believe me, even that short of a distance will put you miles ahead of the mediocre masses. Click To Tweet
Does that sound harsh? Sure. maybe you are standing in the middle of the mediocre mass right now. But again, take one step forward, and you start to break free.
All this to say, happy extra mile day!
How you can make every day “extra mile day”?
- Get up earlier. Make it easy on you. Go to bed earlier too and start with half an hour in the morning. Resist the urge to use the snooze by placing the clock or your phone at the other end of the room.
- Get there earlier. How does it feel when you need to rush just to get there at all? How does it feel and looks when you see someone coming in walking with a nice steady pace, oozing confidence in every step. Allow yourself the luxury of time to do all things mindfully. Eat your breakfast, drink some water, go freshen up, organize your space. Ready, set, go!
- Be proactive. Having initiative and being a self-starter is an asset in any work environment. Don’t overreach your boundaries, but stretch your limits by being the first to bring solutions to problems others don’t yet see or feel insecure to point out.
- Be efficient and effective. Hone in your ideas, improve your targeted skills. At work and in life the mindset is set on ways to eliminate wasted time and resources. Cut down fluff from your communications, your personal brand, your resume. Don’t add anything just because it looks fashionable or because everyone else is raving about it. Does it works for you? Does it make sense on this particular project?
- Build your endurance. Running an extra mile takes work. Finding ways to add extra miles to your personal brand takes creativity, confidence, willpower. The best way to build the endurance to do this is by doing it. But also, by having something and someone to do it for.
Go find that something today!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase using these links we’ll make a small commission. We only partner with and promote the products and services we believe in. We do not encourage any purchase that does not feel right to you, your budget or your creative entrepreneurial goals**